Wednesday, April 13, 2011

YMCA Basketball Program

Well the boys just finished their basketball league at YMCA! A little review on that: Good, solid, non-competitive program as far as I'm concerned.  If your child is a beginner at basketball, this is a great program to start in, no matter what age.  We have played there for 4 years now and each year has gotten a little more competitive.  We have had the pleasure of being on a great team with a great coach and with improvement, the boys have ventured out and played in tournaments on their own~not affiliated with YMCA.  The program is 10 weeks and they practiced one night per week with one game per week.  We went undefeated, often out scoring the other teams by 20+ points (which is why I say it's a great beginning place to start...and we have developed as a team over the past 4 years where we could now venture out and play competitively)
I give this one two thumbs up as it has completely taught my boys the fundamentals they need to now play competitive basketball! The price is great, around $75 for a non-member, $55 for a member I believe. (these prices are not accurate as I am guesstimating the cost since it was last season) You also don't receive uniforms but you do receive a jersey to wear for games. You don't receive a trophy or award unless you go to the end of the season banquet (which we have never done for one reason or another).
Thanks YMCA (South County) for making it a great 4 years! I would definitely recommend this program to my friends and family!

No comments:

Post a Comment