Thursday, July 7, 2011

Protect Your Children In Sports~ Now That We Know!

As a mom, the last thing you worry about during a baseball game is your child dying while up to bat.  It broke my heart to hear the story of the 13 year old child, Hayden Walton, dying while attempting to bunt during his baseball game.  The article I read on http://www.foxnews.com/us/2011/06/04/arizona-13-year-old-dies-in-freak-baseball-accident/, stated that Hayden took an inside hit to the chest while attempting to bunt, walked 2 steps and collapsed.  The next morning, Hayden passed away.

It's something I can not comprehend.  Something I am deeply saddened by.  I have two little boys, very aggressive sport's playing boys.  I can not imagine the pain another mother who has lost a child must feel. 

The one thing I do plan to do-----purchase a heart shield compression shirt, you know the ones that you see in the stores with the foamy patches on them?  I never knew why those were on there, just figured they were made to look fancy for the "real" athletes.  I never knew they were used to SAVE my child. 

With everything so much more advanced in the world now, research being done on everything then we turn around and try to guard against it, protect our families, and it seems never ending of something new we have to buy to try and save the world, our families and ourselves.  But, when it comes to my children, it becomes very hard for me to read such a freak accident that happened from such a common baseball move could end their lives, not only that but I could have prevented it. :(

So....for all you over protective mother's (and father's) out there, I will list below links of some that offer these wonderful life saving shields!!! Now that you know what could happen, I hope you will try to prevent it happening!
Our prayers go out to Hayden's family...

http://www.dickssportinggoods.com/product/index.jsp?productId=10868427&cid=CSE:GoogleProductSearch

http://www.onlinesports.com/p/heart-gardreg-protective-body-shirt-teen-size--I,MW-SMHG3TNGY.html?srcid=frglcb&utm_source=frooglecb&utm_medium=cpc&utm_term=MW-SMHG3TNGY&cm_mmc=Frooglecb-_-Products-_-PPC-_-MW-SMHG3TNGY

http://www.sportsauthority.com/product/index.jsp?productId=4253117&cp=2344524&sr=1&origkw=heart+protector&parentPage=family

No comments:

Post a Comment